Terms of Service and Rules
Terms of Service
The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts ("Content"). Content submitted express the views of their author only.
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.
All Content you submit or upload may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.
We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content submitted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
These terms may be changed at any time without notice.
If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use this Service. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.
- At Puck Theory, we're primarily a hockey community. However, several sections of the site are dedicated to other subjects. Posting an off-topic thread will either a) get the thread moved to its proper section or b) get the thread removed if it does not serve a purpose.
- Think before you post. If your post brings zero contribution to the discussion, why post it?
- Catch-all threads are threads that absorb all discussion for one topic. They are permitted on some sections of the site, but any thread that could easily be several will be removed.
- Any racist, ethnic, homophobic, or sexual insults are not allowed.
- Do not bait or troll threads. Any attempts to rile users will likely end up in a warning or ban.
- All spam, torrents, and links to viruses will be removed. In short, any discussion of illegal activity is discouraged.
- All NSFW material, or anything that would disturb some users, is not allowed.
- If your thread or post has been removed, do not try to post it again. It has likely been removed for a reason, and any of our Staff are available if you have any questions as to why the post was removed.
- Do not insult or harass Staff on or off the forums about forum-related issues, this will likely result in an automatic ban. There is a way to communicate and discuss the issue you may have, and we are always open to listen.
- Creating a thread or post with the intention of creating unrest on the forums will result in it being removed. Repeat offenders may be warned or given an automatic ban.
- One account for each user. Multiple accounts will only be permitted under certain special circumstances (for example for BESL and any other league or special event/occasion). Ask a Staff member prior to creating any account, regardless if its for an acceptable cause/reason. All duplicate accounts have to be pre-approved.
- These forums are mainly English-speaking. In some circumstances, non-English posting may be allowed, but only if it's related to the discussion.
- There is a filter available for Puck Theory members to block out certain words on the forums, to allow everyone to enjoy a safe for work environment without missing out on any forum discussions. By-passing the filter is prohibited.
- The report button is always available to report spam or harassment. You can report a post by clicking on the "Report Post" link found underneath every post.
- The "unexpected" rule. If something's not covered in these rules, and a situation occurs, the staff of the site will deal with it in the best way possible.
- Breaking any of these rules will result in infractions and the possible banning of your account.
- Every user banning is reviewed and discussed by the staff, and the banning of your account is agreed upon and finalized. If you are "sorry" it will not lift your ban, though the staff may reconsider length and possibly reduce it to a shorter term. Think about the consequences of your actions; your sorrow or regret of the past does not change the need for punishment. If you do not understand what you did wrong, feel free to ask the staff. You should find your questions answered.
- DO NOT EVADE BANS. Do not make another account. Do not have multiple accounts. Evading a ban will result in permanent banning.
- If we feel it necessary, we reserve the right to take further action than banning if possible or necessary.
- Everyone has the same rules to follow. Some will be prone to different punishment based on where they did something, what they did, and who they are. Keep in mind our punishment guidelines are as fair to everyone as we care to be. If you feel something is unfair, feel free to contact a staff member and they should be able to at least explain to you.
If you are banned, any donations/sponsorship are not refundable.