BESL Signup & Information Thread!

Discussion in 'BESL - Breakaway Elite Sim League' started by dkp, Nov 5, 2016.

1. dkp

dkp Citadels Staff Member BESLPA Rep

[​IMG]

The Breakaway Elite Simulation League (BESL) is a hockey simulation league run by forumers, with forumers as players and GMs.

With over 15 years of community league history, the BESL is an unmatched experience where you can be a part of a team, play against your fellow Puck Theory forumers, and win the coveted Thundercup (the same trophy that was first awarded more than fifteen years ago!). There are a few key points:
    • How active you are determines your overall rating! Posting more frequently makes your player better!
    • A lot of games played, and no long waits for information.
    • We use a hockey manager simulator, which gives the most in-depth and realistic simulating experience!
    • We have the best artists and modders on the internet, contributing to excellent team graphics throughout the league.
    • Further and enhanced highlighting of the managing and realism effects of real-world hockey.

You can be as "hands-on" (or off) as you want. The more you post, participate, or contribute (graphics, articles, etc.), the better your player is. If you have a simple, casual interest your player can still be valuable to your team. The league entirely revolves around the players, who enjoy a contract and free agency system, while entirely able to control exactly every aspect of their player's skillset and attributes. Choose exactly the kind of player you want to be!

SIGNING UP
    There are a few things to understand about the BESL before you sign up. Signing up is easy. You just fill out a single form and make a post here. Getting involved is kind of cool, so know these things:

• A player is given a Grade (A through F) based on how active you are. A lot of factors go into this, but the simplest explanation is post count. Your player gets better on the ice every time they go up a grade. Makes sense?
    • Every new member that posts in this thread will become an automatic C-rated player. This thread can be used once every 2 seasons for a "free" boost to C.
    • A new player/prospect will sign a contract for $0.75M.
    • After a period of 1 week, teams and players are permitted to renegotiate for a contract between $1M and $4M. The more money you make, the better your player is.

While grades go down to F, all prospects will begin as an E (unless you post in the Free 'C' Thread, linked above). A grade of F is reserved for a player who has been inactive from the site for the last 6 months. An E-rated prospect with a $0.75M contract will be the worst possible beginning player, and an A-rated rookie with $4M will be the best possible first-year player. Your grade has the possibility of moving up (or down) as the season goes on in our monthly re-rates. As a new player, you will fill out a simple form [FORM 1] so we know your player information. Then you enter a few things and post them in this thread [FORM 2]. Then you get the chance to either pick your attributes, or simply describe your player.

If you were referred by a specific player or team that you know you want to sign with, you can indicate you want to go to that team immediately. Otherwise, GMs will approach you and offer you a contract in this thread (within just a few hours you should have several offers, so check back here!). They will try and tell you what kind of role you'll have with their team, how much money you'll make in the future, etc. Take whatever you want into consideration. Post as much as you want. Ask questions if this stuff doesn't make sense. You "sign" a contract by quoting the relevant GM offer in this thread and saying "confirmed." Every team is always looking for new players, so if a team you're interested in hasn't contacted you or made an offer, you can get a hold of them below:

You can check the Rosters & Salary Information to see where you'd get more playing time, plus a look at team logos, and also team salaries (and how much they have to spend).

BESL GMs:
    Brooklyn Royals: Tyler O'Meara (Tyler.)

Chicago Storm: Laurence Cuffey (TheLastAlive)

Denver Wildcats: Matt Sherris (ZMaster32)

Michigan Superiors: Zack Pittman (dumpandChase)

Quebec Voyageurs: Jara Cimrman (cinnamon)

St. Paul Bucksaws: Andrew Walker (Walker)

Toronto Reds: Remi Foxwilleau (Foxwillow)

Vancouver Voodoo: Chris Walters (@The Voodoo)

Expansion Team 2: Kyle Peters (@dkp)

Expansion Team 3: Johnny Shuffledboard (@mee)

• Fill out the form below [FORM 1] with your player's vitals and information.

• Fill this in [FORM 2] (after you are done with FORM 1) and re-post it in this thread:

Player Name:
      Position:
      Preferred Number:
      Referrer (if you were referred by anyone):
      Team Chosen (if you know for sure you want to go to one specific team):
      Contact Information (facebook, twitter, skype... anything outside the forums?):
      Define your attributes. You can do this by either describing your player's strengths and weaknesses, or actually doing your own attributes.
    If you want to do your own attributes: go to this spreadsheet. In the sheet, select File > Make a copy... and then edit the player's ratings for yourself under the "RATINGS" column. The number will automatically adjust to tell you how many points you have left. Prospects are allowed for the "total" column to equal 1170 (This assumes you have posted in the Free 'C' Thread).

Once you are satisfied, just click the yellow cell, copy it, and paste it into a post in this thread. You'll be able to change this later if you get more points to spend!

2. TheLastAlive

TheLastAlive Chicago Storm General Manager

Sample Sign-up:

Player Name: Tyler O'Meara
    Position (primary only): RW
    Preferred Number: 69
    Team Chosen (if you know for sure you want to go to one specific team): Denver Wildcats
    Contact Information (facebook, twitter, skype... anything outside the forums?):, tyleromeara

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2017
  3. Legacy

Legacy Role Player

Player Name: Paul Bissett
    Position (primary only): Goalie
    Preferred Number: 11
    Referrer (if you were referred by anyone): Walker
    Team Chosen (if you know for sure you want to go to one specific team): St Paul

4. Nik Nak

Nik Nak Minor Leaguer

New Player

Player Name: Nikki Delacroix
    Preferred Number: 1
    Referrer (if you were referred by anyone): Cinnamon
    Team Chosen (if you know for sure you want to go to one specific team):Quebec Voyageurs
    Contact Information (facebook, twitter, skype... anything outside the forums?): Don't use any Social Media Sites.
    Define your attributes. You can do this by either describing your player's strengths and weaknesses, or actually doing your own attributes. Strengths: great stick handler for a Goalie, Very Quick on the Stick & Blocker Side, Great with the splits, Durable.. Weakness: High Side Glove Hand

cinnamon likes this.
  5. Kevin Spacely

Kevin Spacely Prospect

Player Name: Richard Michael
    Position (primary only): LW
    Team Chosen: Free Agent, lookin for playing time
    Contact Information: theplumperspanishmoss@yahoo.com
    Define your attributes:
    Quick Bio: Learned hockey in New York. Tough, poor skater, and a quick learner; he plays raw but flashes some skill when placing the wrist shot creatively. Shows great instincts on the pass.

6. Tyler.

Tyler. I love Wendel Clark

Brooklyn Royals offer Richard Michael an ELC for 0.75M

7. TheLastAlive

The Chicago Storm offer Richard Michael an ELC for 0.75M with an option to increase to 4million after prohibition.

We've got space on the first line.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  8. SaNTii

SaNTii Rookie

Boston Terriers offer Richard Michael an ELC for 0.75M

9. Foxwillow

Foxwillow The Chaet Staff Member

Heyyyy

The Toronto Reds offer Richard Michael a temp $0.75M contract, to be increased to $4M immediately after the week long probation period. :wave:

We have money to spend. :wave: and roster spots to give. :lol:

10. dumpandChase

dumpandChase M.V.P.

Michigan Superiors offer Richard Michael an ELC for 0.75M

11. cinnamon

cinnamon M.V.P.

The Québec Voyageurs offer Richard Michael (@Kevin Spacely) an ELC through S7 for $0.75M.

12. Kevin Spacely

Kevin Spacely Prospect

Sorry about the delay, i had to mull it over with the family, you know how it is.

So after narrowing it down to Toronto and Chicago, i think ive decided to go with go with Chicago

13. Kevin Spacely

Kevin Spacely Prospect

Confirmed

I think i did that right..

Also, do i start off with a C?

14. Tyler.

Tyler. I love Wendel Clark

15. Mikaboo

Mikaboo Prospect

Player Name: Mika Bollinger
    Position (primary only): RW
    Preferred Number: 29
    Team Chosen (if you know for sure you want to go to one specific team): Quebec Voyageurs
    Define your attributes. You can do this by either describing your player's strengths and weaknesses, or actually doing your own attributes.Quick, Stamina, Accuracy of passes and shots. Weakness: Fighting & Shot Strength.

cinnamon and lock67 like this.
  16. Mike Ste. Croix

Mike Ste. Croix Prospect

Player Name: Mike Ste. Croix
    Position (primary only): D
    Preferred Number: 44
    Team Chosen: Michigan Superiors
    Define your attributes:
    81 80 76 55 70 35 72 75 70 50 50 50 50 80
    Quick Bio: Offensive Defenceman, grew up in the Great Toronto Area, Great Stickhandler and shooter, good positionally. Smooth skater.
    Weakness: Fighting, physicality, and leadership

Slomo76 and cinnamon like this.
  17. Jepox

Jepox Prospect

Player Name: Cameron Baker
    Preferred Number: 33
    Team Chosen (if you know for sure you want to go to one specific team): Free Agent
    Contact Information (facebook, twitter, skype... anything outside the forums?): You can find me on discord. Cameron#4919 is my username
    Define your attributes. You can do this by either describing your player's strengths and weaknesses, or actually doing your own attributes.

18. TheLastAlive

The Chicago Storm offer Cameron Baker (@Jepox ) an ELC through S8 for $0.75M

19. cinnamon

cinnamon M.V.P.

The Quebec Voyageurs offer Cameron Baker (@Jepox) an ELC through S8 for $0.75M

20. Z32

Z32 Denver Wildcats || GM Staff Member

The Denver Wildcats offer Cameron Baker (@Jepox) an ELC through S8 for $0.75M

21. dumpandChase

dumpandChase M.V.P.

The Michigan Superiors offer Cameron Baker (@Jepox) an ELC through S8 for $0.75M

22. SaNTii

SaNTii Rookie

Boston Nobles offer Cameron Baker (@Jepox) an ELC through S8 for $0.75M

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  23. Foxwillow

hey Cameron -- Welcome to the league!

I'm the commish and also the GM of the Toronto Reds. I'm actually not interested in adding you to my team's roster, as we have a very solid goalie already and you wouldn't really get to play much.

So in the spirit of informing you some, since goalie is important: there are 8 teams in the league. Chicago, Denver, Brooklyn, Boston, St. Paul, Quebec, Michigan and Toronto. Only one team (Chicago) has a GM as their goalie, which means he'd probably change position if you are remotely active, so I'm going to suggest you give the hardest look at Chicago, as pretty much every other team is in the same situation as Toronto - a very solid goalie already there.

Regardless, most teams will try and work you in, but your quickest and easiest way to a big role is with Chicago, in my opinion.

Good luck!

24. Falconer87

Falconer87 Prospect

Player Name: Charlie Kurta
    Preferred Number:87
    Referrer (if you were referred by anyone): Chris Baker
    Team Chosen (if you know for sure you want to go to one specific team): Michigan Superiors
    Contact Information @Falconer8771 (Twitter)
    Attributes : Playmaker with a strong wristshot

25. StamkosFan

StamkosFan Veteran

Player Name: Roy Frank
    Position (primary only): Center
    Preferred Number: 91
    Referrer (if you were referred by anyone): dumpandChase
    Team Chosen (if you know for sure you want to go to one specific team): Any team works, interesting in playing time
    Define your attributes. A good old-fashioned pure goalscorer, not gonna be your tough guy though.

26. TheLastAlive

The Chicago Storm offer Roy Frank an ELC for 0.75M

StamkosFan and lock67 like this.
  27. StamkosFan

StamkosFan Veteran

Roy Frank accepts the offer, and is very excited to join the Storm organization

28. Ron Flextall

Ron Flextall Veteran

Player Name: Vilhelm Rorik
    Position : C
    Preferred Number: 21
    Referrer : StamkosFan
    Team Chosen : Chicago or whoever will have me
    Contact Information : skype = roarkb22

Rorik has a very good wrist shot, but tends to pass more than he shoots. Uses high end hockey IQ and vision to set up players for great chances. Sometimes passes up shots. He is an above average skater, but not particularly aggressive physically. Tends to defend more so with his stick and by being in position, rather than by knocking people off the puck with big hits. Raises game when the situation calls for it.

StamkosFan likes this.
  29. TheLastAlive

The Chicago Storm offer Vilhem Rorik an ELC for 0.75M

StamkosFan likes this.
  30. Ron Flextall

Ron Flextall Veteran

I accept. Moving to Chicago and binge eating deep dish pizza.

StamkosFan and TheLastAlive like this.
  31. blinky

blinky Minor Leaguer Premium Member

Player Name: Danny Sergionov
    Preferred Number: 79
    Referrer (if you were referred by anyone): Monkeybear
    Team Chosen (if you know for sure you want to go to one specific team): Chicago Storm
    Contact Information @Skype: scaluori
    Attributes : Fluid skater, good passer, possesses a hard accurate shot, potential Powerplay QB, defensively responsible, lacks physicality, can get overpowered by bigger forwards.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    Ron Flextall and StamkosFan like this.
  32. Chicco Nacion

Chicco Nacion Prospect

Player Name: Chicco Nacion
    Preferred Number: 7
    Referrer (if you were referred by anyone): Tyler O'Meara
    Team Chosen (if you know for sure you want to go to one specific team): Brooklyn Royals
    Contact Information (facebook, twitter, skype... anything outside the forums?): chicco_n
    Define your attributes. Pass first, team player, defensive liability

StamkosFan likes this.
  33. JMR

JMR Minor Leaguer

Player Name: Jean-Mathieu Royer
    Position (primary only): Defenseman
    Preferred Number: 77
    Referrer (if you were referred by anyone): The Forum itself
    Team Chosen (if you know for sure you want to go to one specific team): Québec Voyageurs
    Contact Information (facebook, twitter, skype... anything outside the forums?): I go under my own name on the social medias
    Define your attributes. You can do this by either describing your player's strengths and weaknesses, or actually doing your own attributes:

Not being scored on is my motto. Great positioning and pass/shot blocking is the name of the game. If you come to my side and I don't like your face, you're gonna eat it; be it in the boards or open ice, I don't care. (Think Scott Stevens, Rob Blake and the like) When in the offensive zone, I like being in the back seeing the whole play developing. I pass well, but my biggest offensive asset is my slapshot. I used to see the All-Star Game's hardest slapshot contest just to see Al MacInnis, so I tend to want to shoot like him. If you make the life of my teammates hard, I will make yours hell, double that if it's our goaltender. I have no problems dropping the mitts and go mano-a-mano against you... That's about it!

Stats

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    cinnamon likes this.
  34. Normn

Normn Veteran

Player Name: Jean-Marie Lemieux
    Preferred Number: 69
    Referrer (if you were referred by anyone): Monkeybear
    Team Chosen (if you know for sure you want to go to one specific team): Chicago Storm
    Contact Information (facebook, twitter, skype... anything outside the forums?): Skype: normn78
    • Speedy winger, very high agility
    • Lacks physicality
    • Hard, accurate Shot, likely wrister
    • More shoot than pass
    • Good vision and high hockey IQ

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    StamkosFan and TheLastAlive like this.
  35. Roi

Roi Prospect

Player Name: Bobby Roi
    Preferred Number: 44
    Referrer (if you were referred by anyone): Jean Marie
    Define your attributes:

StamkosFan and Normn like this.
  36. James

James Minor Leaguer

Player Name:James McCready
    Position D
    Preferred Number:34
    Referrer:Stamkosfan(Lindsay)
    Team Chosen :Chicago
    Define your attributes. offensive skills and likes to smash skulls,you figure out the rest :)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    Normn and StamkosFan like this.
  37. TeemuKariya

TeemuKariya Prospect

Hello all.

Player Name: Christopher Grafflnek (see what i did there Gra[bner], [Ra]ffl, [Van]ek)
    Position (primary only): Right Wing
    Preferred Number: 27
    Referrer (if you were referred by anyone): Normn
    Contact Information (facebook, twitter, skype... anything outside the forums?): Skype: teemukariya.goeswild

Not the biggest guy, but fast and hard on the forecheck.
    Going to the front of the net.
    No elite shot but good on redirection, creating opportunities and havoc.

StamkosFan and Normn like this.
  38. KubecEDM

KubecEDM Prospect

Player Name: Jakub Novotný
    Position: Defender
    Preferred Number: 7
    Referrer (if you were referred by anyone): Normn
    Contact Information (Skype): jakubn1

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  39. CrazyGoalie35

CrazyGoalie35 Prospect

Player Name: Art Fernandez
    Position: goalie
    Preferred Number: 35
    Team Chosen (if you know for sure you want to go to one specific team): Free Agent
    Contact Information (facebook, twitter, skype... anything outside the forums?):seacrazy_35@yahoo.com

40. CrazyGoalie35

CrazyGoalie35 Prospect

41. Z32

Z32 Denver Wildcats || GM Staff Member

42. CrazyGoalie35

CrazyGoalie35 Prospect

43. Indicah

Indicah Prospect

Player Name: Max Power
    Position: D
    Preferred Number: 89
    Referrer (if you were referred by anyone): @Tyler.
    Team Chosen (if you know for sure you want to go to one specific team): Brooklyn Royals
    Contact Information (facebook, twitter, skype... anything outside the forums?): NA
    Define your attributes: Offensive dman with silky hands and an amazing shot.

dkp and Flewk like this.
  44. PinchQc1

PinchQc1 Prospect

Player Name: Mathieu Painchaud
    Position: RW
    Preferred Number: 28
    Referrer (if you were referred by anyone): Bill Roark
    Strong Skater with a good shot and good pass. Not too physical but not afraid to get my nose dirty. Average defensively.

Normn, Ron Flextall and StamkosFan like this.
  45. jellyHamster

jellyHamster Prospect

Player Name: Jurgis Butkus
    Position: D
    Referrer (if you were referred by anyone): N/A
    Team Chosen (if you know for sure you want to go to one specific team): N/A
    Contact Information (facebook, twitter, skype... anything outside the forums?): Skype: lemusiuks_
    Define your attributes. You can do this by either describing your player's strengths and weaknesses, or actually doing your own attributes:
    Talented, feisty on the ice and a free spirit away from it, Jurgis Butkus is a highly competitive defenseman from Lithuania. A strong skater who mostly concentrates on the defensive side of the game, Butkus has an infectious enthusiasm for the game. Butkus aspires to be known as the BESL's resident controversial hard hitting defenseman. He loves nothing more than to lay a booming hit and he preferres to target the other team's superstars. When he is not seeking victims with his deadly hip checks or flying shoulders, he is known to use his stick liberally and yap and trash talk constantly. Dirty? Sure. Tough? Definitely.

46. cinnamon

cinnamon M.V.P.

The Québec Voyageurs offer Jurgis Butkus (@jellyHamster) an ELC through S8 for $0.75M.

jellyHamster likes this.
  47. jellyHamster

jellyHamster Prospect

With great pleasure and without any hesitation I confirm my signing with the famed Québec Voyageurs. Can't wait to get going with the Voyageurs!

cinnamon likes this.
  48. Foxwillow

i think this may be our second-ever lithuanian :p

jellyHamster and cinnamon like this.
  49. Nomowhale

Nomowhale Prospect

Player Name: Ronnie Franchise
    Position: LW
    Preferred Number: 77
    Referrer (if you were referred by anyone): Ron Flextall
    Team Chosen (if you know for sure you want to go to one specific team): Chicago
    Contact Information (facebook, twitter, skype... anything outside the forums?): Skype--lmarks65

Quick bio: I have been playing in the same ice hockey league since 1991. Former Whaler and Ranger, Bob Crawford owns the rink. I play LW. I am a pretty good skater and goal scorer. I was a Whalers season ticket holder for 10 years until they left in 1997. I am still a huge hockey fan, but I do not follow any team in particular.

Normn and StamkosFan like this.
  50. TalkRadio

TalkRadio Prospect Premium Member

Player Name: Robert Paulsen
    Position: OD
    Preferred Number: 10
    Referrer (if you were referred by anyone): StamkosFan and Normn
    Known for my offensive contributions and ability to read the play. PP/PK reliable. Good physicality. Known to occasionally over commit and lose position.

StamkosFan likes this.