Waiver Draft

Discussion in 'VHA - Virtual Hockey Association' started by blinky, Sep 28, 2017.

1. blinky

blinky Minor Leaguer Premium Member

Once all Teams submitted their 23 man rosters, we will proceed with a 3 round Waiver draft to conclude all offseason activities.

Claiming players off waivers
    Have you ever wondered, "hey, once my 23 man NHL roster is set, what happens to everyone else on my team?"

Here's a brief explanation:
    First the protected.
    - Players with a NHL contract that is 22 years old (as of June 30th) are waiver exempt. They are identified with a "Yes" in the Waiver protect column U in the SS. These players can be called up and sent back down without passing thru waivers all season long.

- Players without a NHL contract are all waiver exempt. This includes players in the CHL (J), US College (C), Euro leagues, KHL and any unsigned players (E).

Second, the bait:
    - Players over the age of 23 (as of July 1st) - listed with a "No" in Waiver Protect column U become waiver eligible. They can be picked up by any other team if they can find him a spot on THEIR 23 man roster.

For example, if Mark Streit is not in my 23 man NHL roster, he is old enough to be exposed at the waiver draft. If he is picked up, he MUST remain on the NHL roster. This also means you will need to un-protect someone to make room for the waiver pick up.

Once all 3 rounds are completed, rosters are set. Players on your farm team are officially yours. During the season, you may call up any of these players and decide to send them back down, they will be once again exposed to waivers. This excludes injury replacement call ups, which are always waiver exempt. Teams can make claims by emailing the 3 admins (Bill, Larry and myself).

We will provide a list of all protected and unprotected eligible players prior to the waiver draft, scheduled for Saturday October 7 at 12h00 PM EST.

Don't bother picking up someone if you plan on sending him to your farm team in 2 weeks. We'll call you out for these types of shenanigans :)

As mentioned, we will do 3 rounds of waivers using the order in the Waiver Priority sheet of the SS.

2. blinky

blinky Minor Leaguer Premium Member

Upon review, we have decided to eliminate the waiver draft process.

Instead, we will go with ongoing waivers - which is how it's done in the NHL today.

As teams post their 23 man roster, players having to clear waivers will be posted soon after and will remain on waivers for 24 hours.
    https://pucktheory.com/community/threads/call-ups-and-waivers.1429/

If you wish to make a claim, send an email to the league admins. Remember for each player you claim, you may need to unprotect one of your existing players on your 23 man roster.

If more than 1 team claims the same player, the priority order will determine the winner.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017